Thursday, October 31, 2013 Y 2:34 AM



mmmtay, so one reason why I started this mixtape series was to get people to 1) have creative freedom and 2) so I can get people to go outside their box -- or at least the box we perceive them to run through, publicly that is.

So as you know I work out tons and well during our walk one day I just was like OMGG who do I get to make mixtapes for me so I did what I did last time, SPOTIFYYY (set to the Cosmonaut Grecho station). I decided to invite Teen Daze ultimately because of his Young Liars remix. Why did I ask him to be inspired by heavy metal? I dnk, probably the name. It was interesting that later on while I was researching more about Teen Daze that one of his P4k's "review" (it was more of an elevated bitchfest) that the writer was making fun of the name and all this crap that had more to do about genre posers than the actual album -- so it was interesting, giving someone who makes pretty music that would play out of meadows of lilies and spring water, the chance to be inspired by heavy metal.

The mixtape, like heavy metal, and like teen feels, is so angst. It's so dynamic and it oddly enough does touch on what heavy metal is, to me, at least. Cuz you know, even though the sound is all hard the lyrics, if they were set to an acoustic set and sung by Michelle Branch would be all feel -- like how can you even hold all these feels(´_`)

I love it, it made me feel, even when I listened to it while biking, and it made me remember, especially towards the end how at the end of one of my episodes all I wanna do is rage. Which kinda reminds me of my friend Alex who told me she likes being punched in the face. Which is why she likes to be in mosh pits.

Catch Teen Daze in Chicago Saturday October 12 at Beauty Bar! I'll be there, so come squeeze my butt *teehee*

Also download Teen Daze's new album Glacier via teendaze.bandcamp.com

tracklisting:

The Microphones - (something)

Koreless - Sun

The Knife - Forest Families

Jon Hopkins - Breathe This Air

Sigur Ros - Untitled 6

Ulfur - Molasses

Mirrorring - Mirror Of Our Sleeping

Mount Eerie - Pale Lights

Grouper - When We Fall


Labels: , , ,



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Older Posts newer Posts