Monday, December 7, 2015 Y 8:17 PM



I felt like this was never going to get released! lol, jk. It did take a long time though. I mean when I first heard the original track I was on the couch on my laptop in NOLA, and the weird part is that I can not remember for the life of me right now whether it was in July or May (I was there three times this year). Anyways, it matters only in chronological matters but I feel like I remember receiving Don Rimini's mix when I was in Mexico, I was in bed.

So Rachael plays me the music and I immediately wanted to produce the project, as well as wanting to go out and play the music at some bar in the quarter. We did go out, but the night was dead, and really all the clubs in the quarter play LITERALLY the same music -- so dull. But I left NOLA and I knew that I wanted to do it.

The remixes really are like ace, as usual. Everyone did their own thing with the track and I feel like it's an incredibly fun project, and I feel like all the remixers just went with it. I of course needed to have a juke mix in there (I'll never not be a 7th grade girl with my hoop earrings) and I even shot the video in October when I was in NOLA before coming home.



I feel like this is one of the most polarizing projects I've done tho. And I feel that way because the project is so flamboyant, and while most people don't care, it really pushes against the hyper-masculine thing going on in dance music at the moment. So I was extremely cognizant of that through out the producing and development of Gina. I didn't want to make Gina anti-woman, nor make it a class, or race thing (which is why I wanted Gina to be a bear). Really, Gina, for me is not only the other fake-o person who thinks they're all that -- but also it talks, to me, about that feeling that I feel that we all carry inside of ourselves (at least sometimes, even I can feel like a Gina) and that's kinda cool.

So, another project, another day, and hopefully you like it and have as much fun as I've had with it.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Older Posts newer Posts