Wednesday, June 3, 2015 Y 12:41 AM


Hey y'all! I'm in Mexico! Yes, for two months, or so, I think. I'm not sure of anything. I feel like i'm here partially as vacation, partially for work, and partially for some well needed rehab. I've spent some days not doing much of anything and it feels so strange because I'm not one to just sit around. But I've had such a long year and I really have not had any time to be able to sit down and digest what exactly happened. So here is a bit of a rundown of what's been going on as well as upcoming things. 

So like I said I'm here in Mexico and I'm working on a new photo-doc series. I have a brief idea about what it's about but I'm going to wait until I get back to the states to figure out what it's all about. You can see pics of my travels on my insta (@monamiejorge)



I recorded a new album, Waco, inspired by the events that occurred in Waco, TX. I was super inspired after I got back from Texas and Patsy Cline and everything that was going on. So I recorded it. 

I DJ'd in NOLA and I'm looking for more opportunities to do that while I'm around. So please holler at me :)

I released TransTRAX on May 6 and here is some of the write-ups that it has received. Typically I post a separate page about what inspired me and the like but I think Beatport said it best. 







Also a couple months ago the Chicago Cultural Institute contacted us about this new exhibition they were going to be doing about house music. As y'all know that has been one of my main goals since I began working with Trax. And I was super excited. Unfortunately our involvement basically ended after I submitted a ton of photographs and things they could have used in the exhibition. BUT later we ended up sending more artifacts that Rachael arranged to be in there. So because I'm here in Mexico I was not able to go to the opening VIP party or the concert in Millennium Park but I'm super happy to be seeing that the city is finally recognizing house. There's going to be a ton of event in the summer related to the exhibition so I hope to be back to be able to see the exhibition as well as hopefully attend some more event. Below are thing I wrote on FB and the official flyer for the exhibition. 





Speaking of exhibitions, we're having (WEARE18) in Lithuania! I wrote a story in a Chinese buffet and then BF printed them and they are going to be shown side by side with a video of me cooked up. I'll post the full story laterrrrr. https://www.facebook.com/events/495321497281532/


here is a fragment of the A3 riso printttttt

And I think that is all for now. I'm just relaxing and taking it easy. I'm also coordinating some other music projects and as usual I don't announce anything until it's finalized. 

I'll keep in touchhhhhh, xoxoxoxoxoxo 

- me 



Labels: , , , , ,



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Older Posts newer Posts