Wednesday, October 20, 2010 Y 7:18 PM

We all know Naomi, don't we? Well regardless of what you think of her, I think it's pretty cool to have a model who is 40 years old and black still working the print and runways. I can't even say that about any other model. She's been there since the beginning of the change of the runways and for that I think she stands as a symbol of ability. The interview was ok, nothing too new. Naomi lives in Russia though, she traveled a lot and her mom ( a very well known dancer) taught her how to walk, she lived in Rome until she was 4.

"You know, when I was younger there were certain designers who hadn’t used models of color in their shows, and Christy and Linda said to them, “If you don’t take Naomi, then you don’t get us.” My friends and comrades stuck up for me—and that doesn’t happen in fashion. I will never forget that. I don’t forget what people do. No matter how many years go by, I always remember." [Via Interview Magazine]








Labels: ,



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Older Posts newer Posts