Monday, November 1, 2010 Y 1:50 PM

Last night I was watching that thing on the Tea Party, I believe it was called Boiling Point or something -- well I was watching with my dad and I had explained to him their motives and what they wanted, etc. We had just returned from dinner at Burger King, and so I told him about their movements but watching that special along with several-I do mean several amounts of coverage of the Tea Party- I noticed one very specific group of people. It was such a narrow audience and even thought it may seem to be huge, I dnk-- I just don't think or at least hope they aren't as prominent in generations to come. I had read that a party similar to this was prominent also in the Clinton years in his first term. So maybe this is just you know, recycled news -- media needs to sell and people are trying to 'take back America' (but to what and for who?).

Anyways, I hope many people are going out to vote for the people who represent your needs and your 'agendas',  but also for candidates who are going to make the US and the world around us a better place. I understand many people feel disappointed at this 'slow pace' -- but really? I feel Obama-even though he as well has done some pretty shitty things i.e record high numbers of deportation-really did the best he could under the situations in which he came into office. Fine, he didn't 'clean up' Washington in 18 months but who the hell can!? The world can't even civilize our private interests, so I still of course still fully support the Democrats and they have done some pretty amazing things while in office, but they failed at expressing WHAT they are doing. Unless you watch the news all the time you don't even know what is going on. Sometimes I feel like the Democrats because this one time I was done cleaning all these things and I had taken a break, then the person came into the room and started asking me what I had done and if I was ever thinking about doing anything that day and I said something like why should I have to announce everything I do, can't you see for yourself the changes here and I guess not -- most people need to be told, up front, to their face and repeatedly (this is also very true for jobs, the more you try not to gloat or remind your boss of your what you have done is pretty much the impact of which anything you have done will shimmer). So there is some advice for the progressives, gloat -- it's fine, not everyone just get's it.

Anyways, the New Yorker had Jason Andrew document the Tea Party. As you can see, the same kind of people are there. Read the rest here, but on a last note I guess there was upwards of 200, 000 people at the Sanity/Fear rally and only like 87, 000 at the Beck Rally, which could mean that the roar is loudest from one party but the roar is quickly fading and isn't so scary.





Labels: , , , ,



0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Older Posts newer Posts